Hello everyone! I recently formatted my hard drive as it was virus infected. The drives had become inaccessible because of the virus attacks. I had no other option but to format my hard drive. I lost all my important documents, photos, videos etc after formatting. Now I want to know if there’s any way I can recover the erased files from my formatted hard drive. I have my project documents and ppts on my formatted hard drive and I have to give a presentation next week. Somebody please help me as early as possible. Thanks in advance.
Don’t worry! All the files from your formatted hard drive partitions can be recovered. Lot of people come across such situations everyday. And most of them successfully retrieve all the formatted data with ease using various recovery software’s. I myself have been a victim of data loss due to hard drive format. These days there are plenty of recovery software’s available on the internet.
Since you have already mentioned that you had to format your hard drive because of virus attack. There are lot other ways by which due to which a hard drive can be formatted. Let me just walk you through other data loss scenarios due to formatting.
- File system corruption- File systems are used to control how data is stored and retrieved. File system can get corrupted because of bad sectors. Bad sectors may occur because of improper formatting or multiple times formatting the hard drive. You get error messages such as “Format drive” when you try to access it.
- Accidental formatting- Accidental formatting is because of human errors. It may happen because of wrong clicks by the user.
- Formatting while re-installing OS– When a user reinstalls a OS, data gets deleted. Or when a user wants to install a new OS, data may get deleted.
Users should take necessary precautions so that data does not get deleted permanently. Users should make sure that after a drive is formatted, data should not be written onto it. Re-formatting already formatted hard drive will also cause permanent deletion. Data recovered should not be restored on the same formatted hard drive or partition.
There are lot of recovery softwares found on the internet. Users will can either download them for free or purchase them. When I lost my data, I used Recover My Hard Drive software to recover my lost data. It was really helpful and I could recover all kinds of files right from documents, images, videos etc. After this software did wonders for me, I suggested it lot of my friends and everyone gave positive feedback. I am really impressed by this software and its user friendly interface. You can get more information about how to recover erased files from formatted hard drive partitions by clicking on the following link: recovermyharddrive.org
How to recover data using recover my hard drive tool?
- First download and install Recover My Hard Drive software from the internet.
- Open the software and go to the home screen.
- You will find two or three options. Select “Recover drives” as you have to recover formatted hard drive.
- Now select “Formatted /Reformatted Recovery”
- This software scans for the available drives on the hard disk. Select the drive from which data needs to be recovered.
- After this, scanning starts. Once the scan is complete, the software displays all the lost files and folders once the scan is complete.
- Now you can view the recovered data.
This software helps to restore data from erased HDD like Seagate, Western Digital, Transcend, Samsung etc. It can effectively recover data from any of the brands. You can recover data from HP, Acer, Lenovo, Sony, i-ball, Dell laptops. This software also supports Mac book. It’s a very simple software that any user can understand without much difficulty.
This software has three recovery options namely,
- Fast recovery– which does a fast scan
- Custom recovery– user can select the type of files he want to recover
- Complete recovery- This helps you to recover all the data on the hard disk
And it also has a unique feature of saving the recovery session once the scanning is complete. This helps in recovering files faster when the user tries to recover files later. So select the type of recovery of your choice and recover the files easily. To understand how to recover data from reformatted Windows hard drive, watch the below tutorial: