Sometimes the installation of any program or driver may result in unexpected changes to the system or cause Windows to behave unpredictably. Uninstalling the software or driver may correct the problem. If it doesn’t fix the problem, then you have to restore your computer to an earlier state when everything was working correctly.
A restore point is a representation of a stored state of your computer’s system files to an earlier point in time. Restore points are automatically created by System restore weekly and when System restore detects the beginning of a change to the computer, such as when you install a program or driver. Some files may be missed or corrupted after restoring the system. It may be some important documents or files, if you want to recover these files then you can use file recovery software for restoring your valuable files and documents.
Common Reasons for File Loss after System Restore
Backup Plan: Once the system restore process takes place, the system restores back to a certain point. Sometimes files stored in this disk may be lost after system restoration. Data loss takes place if you don’t have any backup.
Mistakes have done by the users: A user may abruptly shut down the system while system is restoring because system shut down may also lead to power loss.
Other reasons for file loss: Bad sectors, severe virus attack, malfunctioning of third party software are some of the reasons for file loss from the computer.
Features of File Recovery Software:
- This application is capable of scanning the entire disk and recovering the files after system restoring
- Based on the unique signature you can identify and recover more than 250 file types such as spreadsheets, music files, documents, zip archives, email archives, etc.
- Well known tool to recover files lost after system restore from Windows or Mac OS based laptops / computers.
- Recovered files can be sorted on the basis of name of the file, creation date of the file, extension of the file, and size of the file.
- You can create disk image to bypass the bad sectors in the disk. By using these disk images you can recover the data.
- File recovery software helps you to recover and restore file types such as doc, PPT, JPG, BMP, MOV, AVI, PNG, PST, etc.
- Using this software you can recover files that were deleted from recycle bin, files deleted by using shift and delete.
- It is possible to add or edit new signatures in this software, this option helps you to find different file types with much ease
- Recovered files can be viewed on the basis of file extension type by using “File Type View” option.
- Save recovery session helps you to save the session until scan has been completed.
- Before restoring the files, you can preview the recovered files using the preview option in this software
- File Recovery software is one of the best utility tool to recover the files after system restoring
- File Recovery tool has simple user interface, which users can implement to recover their files by simply following the mentioned instructions
- Recovered files can be saved to CD/ DVD or flash drives or any other external hard disk drive which helps you to recover large amount of data
How a file is recovered after System restoring
Files stored in the disk are managed by the file system. When a new file is added to the disk, file system adds the file to a directory structure-like area, an indicator that points the region in the disk which is known as pointer. When a system restore begins the file system is restored and the pointers will disappears but the files are still on the disk. You can recover this data with the help of recovery software. File recovery tool is effective software developed for recovering the files after system restoring.
Notes to prevent file lost after system recovering
- Once your computer undergoes any malfunction and you are going to restore your computer then take backup of your important files / data before system restoring.
- Read and follow the instructions carefully while restoring your system.
- After system restore, if you find some files were lost and you wish to recover that files then don’t use that disk to store other files.
- After recovering files save the files in other drive, if you save the file in the same drive then data overwriting takes place and it results in permanent loss of your data.
Steps to recover files after system restoring
Step 1: Download and install free trial version of File Recovery software
Step 2: Launch the file recovery software and follow the instructions that displays on your screen
Step 3: On the home screen you can see three options “Recover Files”, “Recover Photos” and “Recover Drives”. Select the Recover Drives option.
Step 4: You can see two options on the next screen Partition Recovery and Formatted / Re-formatted recovery
Step 4: Select Partition Recovery option from the screen to recover files after system restore
Step 5: Once you select this option, physical drives present in yoursystem will be displayed on the screen. Select a drive to recover files.
Step 6: Now the entire disk will be scanned and files are listed in data view or file type view.
Step 7: Preview the files recovered by the file recovery tool
Step 8: If you are satisfied with File Recovery software buy this application and restore your valuable files.
Step 9: After purchasing the software you can save the files at desired location.